Jump to the main content

How can I get help?

Do you require urgent assistance? Call the emergency hotline on 116 117.

The most important thing you can do is talk to somebody. For example, you can use our (i.e. the University Hospital of North Norway) chatroom, where you can chat anonymously with experts about gaming and gaming problems.

There are many places around Norway where you can get effective treatment for gaming problems. Some services require a referral from your general practitioner, NAV (Norwegian Labour and Welfare Administration) or your local municipal social services.

It can be helpful to take our self-assessment test before going to your general practitioner. We recommend bringing a printout of the self-assessment test and/or any chat conversations you have had with an expert to your doctor’s appointment. Not sure who your general practitioner is? You can find out on Helsenorge.no, where you can also switch to a different GP.

On Hjelpelinjen.no, you can find information about various treatment centres around Norway.